From the book
Based on my experience, these are the biggest advantages of improving your communication style:
- By writing clear messages you will establish your professionalism. People will consider you more seriously and treat you more professionally.
- People will trust you, which will create and improve long-lasting relationships. This applies to both business and personal relationships.
- You will get fewer redundant responses by email, primarily fewer questions, because you’re clear from the start.
- Your focus on delivering and maintaining quality will increase, even outside your inbox.
- You will boost others’ engagement and learn to lead by example.
Gentle communication emailquettes
Whether you want action from someone or just need to send information to a group of people, engage your audience from the first sentence. In emailquette 4, you will learn how to start your message with a quick, summarized introduction, as well as some BCC secrets and insights on writing a management summary.
Do you want to learn how to bring more structure to your email? Then emailquette 5 will help you to learn all the ins and outs of writing clear messages, direct and to-the-point. Apart from some general tips and tricks, I will also give you some insights into how to answer smarter when replying.
In emailquette 6, you will learn how to improve the flow while participating in email conversations in a friendly and smart matter. This will not only save time – and probably frustration – it will help the other participants, as well. It pays to make conversations more efficient by cleaning them up, summarizing when forwarding, or adding new participants who can help. From my experience, people respect this kind of forward thinking and will be more willing to help. Aren’t you more likely to help someone when they make it clear and simple what they need? When you have to repeatedly ask questions to clarify what is needed, you are already tired before you know what the task is that you are meant to be doing.